Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Homage to the U.S"July 4th Card


This 4th of July is kind of extra special than the others I've gone through.This past year I've learned the entire U.S History and I loved it. I feel more connected to where I live now that I know the toil and trouble it took for Americans to get this far. My parents are from Cuba and came here 38 years ago to escape communism. I am still proud to have Cuban roots but am also glad to have been born and grown in this beautiful country. So this card is just paying a bit of homage to the good ol' US of A:)
Materials:
Cricut Cartridges
Old West(Banners at the top)
Independence Day(Capitol,1776,Eagle, Independence Day)
My World(We the People Constitution paper)
Designers Calendar(July)
Storybook(4)
Jolee's Boutique(I love america sign)
K&Company Life's Journey paper

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Your card is just beautiful!!! I love all the details! You should enter this one at
http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com
This week it is Fouth of July week and your card fits the challenge to a 't'!! It puts the one I'm gonna enter to shame! :)

Stephanie said...

Sharon! You always know all the challenges that are going on! That for clueing me in on some of them:)

Sharon said...

So glad you entered this one, too! Awesome!! :) Have a wonderful, safe and happy 4th!! :)

Jeri said...

Wow, what a fantastic card. So many great details to look at. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

Rosy C. said...

Can't give you enough compliments on your card! You really captured the theme. Great job!!!

Scrapper69 said...

ALL I can say is WOW!!! AWESOME CARD! It's PERFECT Steph! :) Have a great weekend! :)

Edna Marie said...

WOW!! Steph you did an AMAZING card, love all you details in your design, miss seeing u on the MB hope they fivx it soon

;) Inspired Pinke